What do you think of a woman who dates a convicted felon?

She's only 20 years old. The man she's dating is a 32 year old man. He's a s*x offender, has no money, no job, and is fresh out of prison. She has a child by the man and is on government assistance. She goes to work every day while he stays home with their baby and cares for the baby. She also has s*x with him. It's been five years and he still doesn't have a job. She even leaves the man around other small children. Sometimes she'd leave the apartment for hours. The man even went as far as rubbing one or the children on the forehead and smiling kindly.

What do you think of her for dating this man?

Most Helpful Girl

• My opinion of her and the man would depend on what he was in prison for. He could have been accused of sexual assault by a woman, couldn't he? Or gotten involved with a teenage girl? With this, you don't say it, but you're implying that his crime was against children. You should seriously specify what he did.

If his crime was against children, then she's a fucking idiot. If he did something with a teenager that "consented," then it's fine. He has some issues but he's not a pedophile. If it's crime was against a grown woman, then what does children have to do with it? ... To go back to the first thought, it is incredibly dangerous to put the lives of your children in the hands of a past sex offender, especially if you're going to be gone a lot. Seriously. That woman needs a slap in the face.

• A Teen girl who constanted. But since she was 17 it's considered rape, child abuse and pedofile. ( according to his laws)

• A pedophile is someone who has sex with a child that hasn't reached puberty. They have different words for the other underage age groups. The law still considers it rape, but I know this story and I know the girl consented, so his crime isn't a big deal.

For the time being, it's okay for the man to be around a baby. She just might have to keep an eye out when the child grows up.

What Guys Said 7

• If I was her friend I'd watch them and make sure her new boyfriend is doing actually what he promises and doesn't drag her into trouble.

I'd tell her to make strict rules for him and insure he doesn't make another bad mistake. As going in to the system once is bad enough. Really can't afford a second conviction.

• she dumb

• WTF?

• She's dumb.

• Well he probably has a hard time getting a job based on fact he's a sex offender. I'm a sex offender and have a hard time. It is her choice if she wants to put up with him. She should use precaution if his crime was something to do against children and especially so if it was a hands on crime.

• Why are you a sex a offender?

• The man in the disoection used to be a high school English teacher

• @Dog19
      Didn't see in story where it had him as a high school teacher but okay. If she wants to be with him after knowing what he did, that's her decision and she is well equipped that it can have dangerous effects by staying with him.

• she's a dumbo

• Bad move.. she will be hurt

What Girls Said 4

• She really loves him, she doesn't think she can do better, or she's too immature to realize it's a bad idea.

At 20, your friend sounds like the last one. The age difference alone is usually a red flag. As far as the rest, I guess it'd matter what the sex offender charge was (although it's unlikely it'd make a difference) and why he can't get a job. I do know that it is significantly harder to find any kind of job with a record though. Him being around kids isn't a huge issues in my eyes unless his offense applies to children. Even rapists and murderers can love their kids though.

• He used to be a high school teacher

• Was he her teacher? Did their relationship start when she was 15? Or that he went to jail 5 years ago, recently got out, and started a relationship? Your story is very unclear on many things.

• Yes you are correct

• I can't believe any woman would be this stupid. But I guess there is.

• I think she's being extremely naive. But she's most likely still with him because he's the father of her child and she knows she can't get child support out of him if they break up since he has no job.
    But seriously leaving him alone around children? Really?

• @oboeyoudidnt
      Because she'd be the one paying the child support if she did. Whoever initiates the breakup loses their children.

• But in the example you gave before they had equal criminal past. That's a different example that you have recently.

And I'm well aware women aren't always the better parent. But the courts are still skewed towards women. Unless she did something horrible I doubt she would get removed from custody.

We're thinking too much into this imma stop now haha

• @oboeyoudidnt
      https:// kfor. com /2013/06/25/convicted-sex-offender-gets-sole-custody-of-6-year-old-daughter/

A man raped his 6 year old daughter. Did 6 years in prison and now has full custody of her at age 12. This was in Oklahoma City.

• That's totally unacceptable.

• What would you do if you saw this? Or noticed this where you were?

• Grrr, it makes me so angry. There should be no such thing as a "repeat" sex offender. They should have their balls cut off the first time.

• He used to be a high school teacher