Is it wrong that it bothers me that my previous crush got ugly (story)?

There was this girl who I used to go to school with and she was super pretty, an absolute stunner. She did end up rejecting me but I somehow always knew that one day we would end up together, I'm a bit crazy like that. This was 7 years ago by the way

A few weeks ago, my friend invited me to a party where a few people from that school including her would be. I though this was my moment, I had a good job, lot of great things going on, so I wanted to impress her. But as it turned out she wasent the same, she didn't look good. Her face was weird and her voice was a huge turn off, you could tell she was a smoker. And her body didn't look as good either.

I know can't ask her out now, she's not the pretty, gorgeous girl I remembered her as and who I thought I was going to eventually end up with. It bothers me that she won't ever be the same as she once was.

Am I just super weird and wrong to think like this?

22

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes. You don't own her and her existing and being uglier is not some sort of offense to you. It's weird to be taking it so personally. People change and most would just find it funny that the crush they were so hung up on is no longer someone they are interested in dating. Life is just funny like that sometimes.

I think you're just upset at the fact that this inner life you created around her ("I somehow always knew that one day we would end up together") has now been shatter because reality doesn't live up to your fantasy. Even if she was still amazing and attractive, she might now have wanted to date you simply because you weren't her type. It's just that in the current situation who's decided she's no longer your type and you're having to face the harsh reality that you need to move on from her and find an actual person instead of an idealized fantasy.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's normal. A lot of women peak in high school and just decay in attractiveness.

What Girls Said 1

• Nah you only liked her for her looks. Now that it's gone you don't want her anymore

What Guys Said 1

• You went with the looks of the girl. but tell me how is she as a person and how's her personality?

• I dont know her that much personally to be honest. I used to talk to her a bit in school when I was trying to win her over and she seemed like a cool girl. At the recent party I didn't talk to her one on one, we hung out as a group

• I think you just liked her because she was attractive lookwise. that's why you were suddenly shocked to see her makeover from a hot to not.