Is it possible to fall in love with someone by just spending a lot of time talking to them?

You meet in person... but not as often because you don't live as close to each other. But you talk to them throughout the day... Over text and video chat (skype).

Curious!
... just asking for a friend 😆

Feel free to share your experience (s), if you'd like :) I love hearing about others' experiences.

1011

Most Helpful Guy

• I talked to someone for 2 months straight on facetime, I fell in love with them. She kept on saying "you are a nice guy". From Thanksgiving to about 1 month ago. She dumped me. This after sending her 2 iphone chargers, computer speakers, headphones, and 2 hearts and a jc penny snow globe which she collected..

Because of her, I hate the holidays, and I hate my birthday even more.

• I'm sorry :/
      So based on what you wrote, I take it that you guys didn't meet up in person at all?

• Ugh, that sucks. It sounds to me like she just used you. I'm sorry that happened to you.

• ty for the MH

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes it's possible, after first meeting my boyfriend, we couldn't date yet because of summer vacation and I work travel so the first 4 months we just talked on the phone, video chat, and text. So we have been together for 7 months now and we only went out on 3 dates and we both love each other very much.

• Thank you for sharing your story.
      How far apart are you and him? How do you keep in touch and keep the flame going, since you can't see each other as much and as easily?

• You're welcome.
      We live in hour away from each other. When we have time we will video chat if not we will talk on the phone or text.
      We connect in a way, our past is sorta the same, and we understand each other. Plus I'm really patient and I think he is to so waiting is not a problem for us. We both have a life and doing all of this is worth it because soon we will find apartment and live together. The job I will have next is in the city we live in. So I guess knowing that we will be together soon living in our own apartment, that's what keep us happy.

What Guys Said 10

• Ye ofc.
    U know the person by talking and knowing them joking and talk long periods get u to fall in love. Not seeing how she look or having sex is necessarily trust me I did love her and eventually we met and dated then after 2 years I even deposited money for the ring and :/ we broke up 1 year ago before I get chance to propose.
    So relationship LDR can work and progress but it's harder. Good luck.
    I hope ur luck better than mine

• I think in the past I would have confused "love" with the need for attention from that person because I feel so close to them and that they know me so well and that we talk so often.

• you can fall in love over a long period of time or seemingly instantaneously. words and looks dont mean a thing qhen one heart is reaching out to another.

• Of course it's possible

• I don't think so.. I believe that only casts an illusion of love. It's the limited distance that draws you and your lover closer. I mean your friend lol

• I think we can only truly love someone when we know them very well.

• I did, but it just never really works out to be honest

• There is no such thing as far as I'm concerned, so no.

• Your friend needs to experience what the true meaning of falling in love is. Then she'll understand.

• yeah it is

What Girls Said 9

• Yes! I met my best friend through video games six years ago and for at least 3 of those years I didn't even know what he looked like. (we were fairly young when we met so I didn't know what "love" was but I had crushes on him) just from the conversations wed had. I always liked him on and off but never thought it would go anywhere so I would convince myself not to for awhile.. I just went out to visit him not to long ago after six years and man, I'm hooked. he's coming out here in July aswell c:

• Wow... Thank you for sharing your story.
      Are you both from different countries? Or rather... How far apart are you two?

• A 6-hour drive is a long drive! But still, it won't stop 2 people who love each other :)
      I hope things continue to work out well between the two of you!

• Yea it's a long drive xD but oh well, what can ya do. And thank ya :D

• Yes I think it is :)

• I could if they gave me emotional or spiritual support in a pure and non-sexual way.

• Happend to me ! I didn't even know how the guy looked like lol, I was just in love with his personality

• Lol, I do know how he looks like because we Skype pretty often and we do meet up in person... just not as often as we'd both like to. But yea, I get where you're coming from ;)

• It has been proven that the more time you spend with someone, the more likely you are to fall in love with them. I have a huge crush on my best guy friend...

• Of course! We fall in love with their words

• yes actually you can

• Yeah, probs.

• Iv been talking to a guy over text messaging
    And developed strong feelings. Altho it won't be going any further coz of personal stuff on his side but it's safe to say I have strong feelings that have only just made them self noticeable now

• We have been talking for 3 months