If you have an SO but you're falling for someone else, what is a tactful way to end your current relationship?

1119

Most Helpful Guy

• If you were a good person, soon as you started to feel anything for another person, you would stop seeing that person instead of letting it build to the point of ruining your current relationship.

Most Helpful Girl

• Just please dont tell him that you are leaving for some else, it shatters the other partner and make them question their self for a long time. It makes them lose confidence and believe in themselves. Please have mercy. Just make sure that the other person is worth it. Just tell him that you are having some conflicts in your feelings and you are not sure if you need to be alone and single for some time , and that you think it is better to go separate ways now that to stay longer and hurt him and himself... ps: he might be already feeling that you are strange these days.

What Guys Said 18

• WE NEED TO TALK conversation needs to happen:
    Just be honest with him far as how you feel about him. Please explain it is not about another person as it is that I was pulling away because I don't feel us as something I am willing to endure any longer. . I have thought about this long and hard and I am missing something for feeling connected to you. Maybe it is me , I'm not sure but I definitely know it is us..

Love real love is effortless and easy and will never pull away from that person. You obviously don't love him so let him go be happy with someone with a heart for him.

• Most likely honesty is the best answer and definitely better than trying to hide it. It only gets harder if you have to pretend everything is good. Eventually they will find out anyway and it gets worse. Tell them that you don't want to hurt them but you have these feelings for someone else and the truth is easier to hear from you then from someone else. It may hurt them but they will also have respect for your honesty. It never ever ever gets any easier if you wait.

• "I'm ending our relationship. I'm not happy anymore. I wish you the best." DO NOT SAY "LET'S BE FRIENDS"

• preach the gospel to the first person (from the king james bible and rightly dividing the word of truth)

one of two things will happen. he will either go away because he's a lost soul, or he's a born again believer, in that case you two can fellowship as saints and have good spiritual time.

it's a win win situation. and if the latter and he still wants to stay with you, just plainly tell him. he being a born again believer, he should understand

(of course all of this given you yourself are washed in the blood of the Lamb)

• I wouldn't end it, I will figure out why I might be falling for someone else and try to apply it to my current relationship.

I recommend you don't end it with him.

if you don't mind me asking, what is making you fall in love with the other guy, what does he do to make you feel that way?

• There must be fifty ways to leave your lover. You just have to say "sorry, this isn't going to work for me. Nothing wrong with you, I just can't be with you anymore."

• Anything other than leaving without saying anything.

• It's over honey, b-bye. Now GTFO.

• I'd warn her first. (Three strikes and she's out. lol)

• Call him/her tell all your feelings and in politely matured way

• you explain him the truth and that he deserves someone better
    and it's not him but you

• to be honest

• not good, not good. that means you were cheating..

anyway, just simply tell them, you're not feeling them anymore, and that you would like to end it

• I'm just honest about it. I say I feel I'm not in love anymore

• If I made such poorly founded decisions in SOs or so fickle, I think it best to move to a new location and begin shopping all over again
    rather than get into that vicious, never ending cycle again + this time shop more wisely.

• Accuse him of rape. Have the poor bastard sent to jail. Just say you were drunk.

• Set it up where you allow him to catch you dripping with the "someone else's" spunk load..

What Girls Said 10

• best way is to just be honest. honesty is the best policy. but if you find you can't do that then maybe just say you have fell out of love or that you are looking for something more. good luck !

• If you're set on this...
    Say you've grown apart from them and you think it's best if the relationship ended.
    Then start talking to the new guy.

• I don't know if there is really a tactful way of ending a relationship. If he cares about you he will be hurt. But avoiding breaking it off because you don't want to hurt his feelings yet you still have feelings for this other guy is just going to make things worse. So just get it over with. Tell him you're sorry but you just don't see a future with him. And who knows maybe he doesn't really see a future with you either.

• there isn't the best way to do this because all will lead to the same thing just be honest to talk about how your feelings changed!
    questions: 1. You don't you like her any more?
    2. you like her but like the other one more?
    3. if the other one didn't show up would you have wanted to end you current relationship?
    just curious

• Just be honest have have a private talk

• I would attempt to make it work with my current partner. If my feelings for them have faded and I love someone else, I will be honest with my partner. I wouldn't want to lie to them.

• If you don't have real feeling you should end it. not when you get a back up plan.

• Make the ending about you and your SO rather than include the other guy.

• I would not trust my judgement in relationships ever again, so poorly founded as described here. I would stick with SO until THEY found another, THEN go shopping again, older & wiser

• isn't really a tactful way of that as either way theyre going to get hurt. Just tell them youve grown apart. As if you mention someone else itll hurt them and make them judge themselves. Yet if you say your not happy etc same thing happens