Let’s say they suggest some music or a book, or you watch a film together and for whatever reason, you don’t enjoy it. Do you always share your honest opinion or do you sometimes fudge a little bit? Also, what is typically your motivation behind your decision?
- I pretend to like things so I’ll seem smart.Vote A
- I pretend to like things so I’ll fit in with everyone else.Vote B
- I pretend to like things so I won’t hurt their feelings.Vote C
- I pretend to like things so the person will like me more.Vote D
- I always give my honest opinion, 100% of the time. I would be sincere and tell them I didn’t enjoy it.Vote E
Most Helpful Girl
I tell them i don't like it if I feel strongly about it, otherwise I just don't really mention anything and just listen to them. If it's something they really love and are passionate about, just that fact makes it almost okay to hear about haha. I don't fake interest in things I really don't like though.
That said, if it's a topic or something I don't know about, I'm willing to give it a go because I love learning and trying new things. For example I'm not really a gamer, but the guy I was seeing loved league of legends lol and wanted me to play too, so I tried it. I was terrible, which is probably why I didn't like it and told him that, and he said he appreciated that I at least took an interest and gave it a shot.2
Most Helpful Guy
Depends on the person , but sometimes I pretend to like something just to make them happy or so they choose what they want to do rather than trying to make everything we do 'equal' kind of1