Was I wrong for saying this?

So I have a friend with benefits. He has a daughter and he was telling me about how much money she makes working ato some store while studying apparently makes 2k bonus and also makes soon much money off social media... all of which I knew was lies. He has this habit of making up shit. anyhow, me being me told him I don't believe any of that as I have seen her social media accounts and it's pretty obvious. I also said either she is lying to you or you are lying to me and so he went crazy and told me I am jelous. Does that make me sound like I am jelous or was I just being honest? Because I think I was just being real with him.

12

What Guys Said 2

• I gonna have to go with honest. it may or may not have been possible to say it in a more gentle manner comma but in the end it does no one any favors to allow them to continue to tell tall tales and think that they're so brilliant that they fooled everybody period sooner or later a liar will always get caught and in the end it's a whole lot worse than telling the truth would have been.

• I guess it all depends on your tone and how you said it.

If you said it in a stern way he'll will probably think 'why are you getting so angry over me talking about how much my daughter makes... you must be jealous'.

even though it could be a lie the topic doesn't seem serious enough for you to get that mad at (if you where mad at all).

maybe if it was said in a more joking way and you worded it differently he wouldn't get so "crazy" about it.

• I did go mad lol I always do.. I just can't deal with his blatant lies.

What Girls Said 1

• It does sound jelouse therr is other ways to say thing with you still being you lol ask him if he loves his daughter? nd he will say yes and tell him you know he is a good father but he might wanna look more onto what she's telling you and if its true... and then decide if she's honest with what she does for a living.. I don't know be more sensetive its his daughtrr..