What should I do when people ask me out?

multiple guys have asked me out, to which i've said no many times. yet somehow the response is always "well you've never tried so why don't you?" and i don't know what i'm supposed to do? i hate confrontation and have anxiety and i need advice thanks

ths might come off as petty like "oh at least people want to go out with you" but this is really stressing me out i have like 5 friends and zero social life and they get mad at me when i tell them no a second time like what should i do?

74

Most Helpful Guy

• just tell them that you don't feel comfortable or ready to date. also you don't need many friends to have a social life you dork, being an introvert is the best thing in the world! remember, you always have a decision, don't ever feel obligated to date anyone

Most Helpful Girl

• Hey if you don't feel comfortable don't go forward with it. You vacant just please someone and then not care about your own feelings. You're human too, if you're not okay with it then just leave it alone. When you're ready you'll know and you'll have flocks coming to you lol. I'm in your position and yeah I agree that sometimes people only think for themselves and not your perspective per se. However, you are you! Only you can make your decisions. Don't do something that'll make you feel unhappy and unsatisfied. 'The end justifies the means'

• thanks for MH :)

What Guys Said 3

• put a bag over your head

• Just say "no thanks" works every time

• "well you've never tried so why don't you?" Meaning what? I don't get it. That you've never tried dating? I don't get why a guy would say this?

Saying no once is enough. No reason is needed, just that you're not interested. If they keep asking you or pressure you for a reason, just say it again, "I told you once I'm not interested, I'm not going to say it again" and ignore them.

What Girls Said 6

• I was in a similar situation in high school/middle school, I didn't want to date but I also didn't want to hurt someone's feelings by saying no. So my answer to it was getting really good at preventing someone from asking me out. If I think a guy liked me, I'd try to minimize opportunities for him to be alone with me (so he wouldn't have a chance to ask me out). If they do manage to somehow ask me out then, you just have to say a firm 'No.' and repeat it if necessary. Some guys will get mad at you for that, but it's not your fault if you don't want to date them, and honestly they shouldn't pressure you after you say no.

• I'd tell them that if they wanna act like that they clearly weren't the right one in the first place. you can't force yourself to love someone.

• I get u girl. Im the same. The thing is u have to say no. Like meghan trenior. I had hard times because i was a people pleasurer plus all the other things. And i had such a hard time, but it didn't stop until i said. im sry but NO. I usually avoided social media amd people for a few days then read their response. It kind of works. Plus say u are kind of busy rn. U aren't ready for a relathionship. Helps.

• Just tell them politely you're not interested in being more than friends.

• Just say I'm flattered and respectfully decline. You don't have to date if you don't want too!

• If guys say that when you reject them they are just mad that you rejected them! Don't feel pressured to date because of what guys say, date when your ready and actually like the guy your going out with!