Should I go out with someone even if I don't feel any chemistry with the guy?

For some reason I'm always attracted to guys who don't show any interest in me at first. When a guy shows interest too soon I lose interest. I've noticed I usually like guys that I admire, like those who are super friendly (like everyone thinks of them as really good friends, those who everyone loves), very smart or with a great sense of humor (they have you laughing all day). Unfortunately, these guys USUALLY happen to have a girlfriend already or to be in love with someone else. Also, I don't know if this is normal, but I don't like when I've just met someone and they're already complimenting me about my physical appearance/asking for my Facebook name/number. I don't like that 'Oh you're pretty. I'd like to know you better. Give me your number". It's a big turnoff when someone wants to get closer just because I'm physically attractive. And I don't really get the whole dating game tbh. I don't get why some people are always looking for someone to date. For me to date someone I need to feel very attracted to him (Which can happen without even talking to him, just from observing how he is with friends/family/strangers). My friends say I'm asking for too much, like I'm waiting for a perfect guy, but truth is I'm not attracted to the guys who are currently "trying" to hit on me. Should I date one of them even though I don't feel any chemistry? Does that actually work? I've seen girls dating guys just to find out if they can love them. But as I'm not even attracted I don't know if it'll work.
5
2