Is he into me or just being nice?

I went on a date with someone and we had been messaging before for a week or two and we hit off there.

We had a drink and he took me to dinner after. We laughed and got to know each other more. We also looked at abstract paintings which was fun. He did pull out his phone a few times - he told me his buddy's mother was put into a mental ward. I didn't make a big thing about it and just glossed it over. He's in the marines and I personally had a good time. He walked me to my car and said he had a good time and it was nice meeting me & hugged.

I messaged him later that night I had a really good time and I hope he did too and I would get the next round of drinks on me, because he paid for my drinks his and dinner. He said he wouldn't let me and finally said maybe he'd let me and the conversation ended. I haven't heard from him in three days. Given he is working etc. but my thing is if a guy likes you he'll let you know?

Unless I'm reading too into everything.
Is he into me or just being nice?
3
1