Do you date people you like, or do you date randoms until you find someone you like?

I never understood this about dating. I've only dated people I've been interested in. I don't see a point in going out on dates with someone I'm not interested in. But my friends are telling me I'm missing out on people. I have people who want to date me but they want to do it for fun. I get dating is supposed to be fun but these people aren't even interested in me. They're only physically attracted so it's not genuine anyway.

Needless to say I don't have good luck when it comes to dating. Every guy I've liked has eventually dropped me. I don't want to start just going out with randoms but thats what people seems to be doing these days.
8
13