It's so hard to find someone I want to date but I don't know what to change. What should I do?

Anonymous
Background on me: I'm going to school and working and I have long term goals I'm working on for my future. I go out and have fun but I don't do dumb things. I keep things honest and open, realize how my actions can affect others and I just treat people with respect.

When it comes to dating I'm lost. I'm not interested in dating most people my age. They're either consumed by drugs/alcohol and partying, not working towards goals, just want sex. They aren't honest with their intentions. When it comes to the "good guys," and I use that loosely, I'm just not attracted to most of them. I've tried but there is something missing. I don't feel a connection. And the good ones seemed to be snatched up.

I like older guys but they aren't interested in something long term with me. I don't have a car, I live with my mom because I can't afford to live on my own and I just don't have a foundation set for myself.

I don't date just for the fun of it. I have fun whole dating but I only date someone I'm interested in and can see myself entering s long term relationship with. .

I don't know what to do.
8
1