When you like someone - and I mean REALLY like someone - do you ever feel anxious that if you don't act quickly enough you'll lose them?

Anonymous
That's the situation I'm in right now and I don't know what to do. You see, a few years ago I met him. I felt an instant connecting, sparks, chemistry, all that stuff... Problem! I found out later, after developing feelings, that he was unavailable. I backed off as much I could while still trying to maintain a friendship. It's been hard. Very hard trying to be friends because I'm so into him, but there's something about him that I just can't get away from. He's just different. I'm so at ease with him and have never felt this way or as strongly about anyone before.

Fast forward to the present. He's officially single, but not yet ready for a relationship in my eyes. Maybe he is, but I don't think he is. I want to tell him how I feel, but I don't feel it's the right time. At the same time when I think about it, I get anxious thinking if I don't speak up, he'll start seeing someone else and my chance will have been blown. Is this normal?

We are still friends and talk fairly regularly. Mutual friends have hinted that he may like me too, but I'm skeptical of that. I just don't know how best to approach him about this. I don't want to rush him into it, but don't want to miss out either.

Is this a case of if he's into me it'll happen?
4
2