Is this being smart or is this playing games?

OlderAndWiser u
I was trading responses with @vladikre on a question about when do you make contact after a first date that went well (unlike the date in the cartoon.) https://www.girlsaskguys.com/dating/q2395706-after-a-great-first-date-how-soon-do-you-want-to-hear-from-him-or He responded, "I usually wait for a week, where the girl grows interest. I never suggest telling her you had a nice time, cause it's shown when you actually go on a date with her. be mysterious. they grow interest. after a week or so you call her again to arrange another date. nothing else. no blah blah, no sweetness. phones are to arrange, social media too."

He thinks that calling later that same night is "clinginess, self assurance and neediness." I suggested that what he recommends is called playing games and that most people want you to drop pretenses and be honest and candid about your feelings and your intentions. But I am older and perhaps out of touch with contemporary thinking on that subject, so. . .

Do you think waiting to call 5 days after a first date to create anticipation and desire is a smart move or is it just game playing?
I am European, and I think it is smart to wait. Don't reveal any feelings right away!
I am European, and I think it is dumb to wait. Call him or her the same say and be honest about your feelings!
I am American, and I think it is smart to wait. Don't reveal any feelings right away!
Vote C
I am American, and I think it is dumb to wait. Call him or her the same say and be honest about your feelings!
Vote D
I am NOT European or American, and I think it is smart to wait. Don't reveal any feelings right away!
Vote E
I am NOT European or American, and I think it is dumb to wait. Call him or her the same say and be honest about your feelings!
Vote F
GirlGuy
12
14