Is the guy interested or not? Please read below.. Thanks?

I went on a first date this weekend. I thought we vibed well and had a lot to talk about during the date. However, I believe that he is no longer interested for two reasons. The first is because he told me while on the date that he will be out of the country for the next two weeks visiting friends. The second reason is how we parted ways because he said the not positive line of we will keep in touch.
So, between him leaving the country and using the line above I inferencing that this guy is not interested? So, how often do you guys and gals use those types of lines and why not just state you are not interested?
+1 y
Thank you for the input and opinions everyone! Unfortunately this guys is a jerk because he lied to me. He is not going abroad and is still in town. Found out thank to a weird text from him and the location on the dating app where connected on.
This would have been much easier if the guy just told me he wasn't interested instead of lying. What a douche bag.
3
1