He's grieving but still using dating apps, should I text him?

Anonymous
So, I've been seeing a guy I met on Tinder for the past month and a half. Things started to get serious about two weeks ago (just on the brink of exclusivity), but just last Tuesday, his mom passed away unexpectedly. He told me this the day it happened, and said that he just needed some time. I was completely understanding of this and told him I was there for him if he needed anything. It's been 6 days and we haven't spoken, which is fine as I know he's been busy with his family. The only reason why I'm confused is because every time I've logged onto Tinder or Match (probably at least 5 times in the past few days), he's been online or his location has changed. I just never figured someone that's grieving the death of a parent would be that active on multiple dating sites, only a few days after it happened. Is this normal or common? I get that everyone grieves differently, especially guys, but I'm a little confused by this. I was going to text him some time tomorrow or Wednesday and just let him know I'm still there for him, but I'm not so sure now. Should I just wait for him to text me? Or should I text him, given the fact that he's doing well enough to be using dating apps again?
1
1