What is it like to date or be married to someone in the army/ military?

stephey
Hey, so I new to the military stuff. My boyfriend and I have been dating for 7 months now. we just made it official though only 4 months ago, as we both came out bad break up the following year. We wanted to make sure it was truly the right decision. My boyfriend has always been a guy who wanted to make a difference in the world even if it was just in a little way. I 100% stand by him. To follow his dream of making a difference he enlisted in the army, and he just finished and passed basic training. I am so proud of him. We are both only 19. But for the last 7 months, I have thought he is the guy I am going to marry. Everything just seems so right. I am currently in school to become a correctional officer so once school starts again I will be pretty busy. But what I am wondering is, what is life like when your special someone is in the army? I'm nervous for him but so excited also. I am scared he will get placed somewhere super far away and that makes me scared and sad. What should I expect also, how do I keep my head up when he's gone for a super long time? If he is gone for a super long time. I Know I should but I have cried about it a bit as I don't fully know what to think about the whole situation but again I am very excited for him as well!

3
1