Why do guys assume that girls who are pretty and single must be crazy?

Elarra
I've had guys say this to me a lot... that there's no reason for me to single or at least not married by now. They say I'm pretty, I have a good career as a teacher, I have a degree, money, and have my stuff together. Then they assume that there must be something wrong with me since I'm not in a relationship and write me off as crazy which is why no man is with me. Seriously. Within minutes of talking to me they will say this. I've gotten it in person several times and even when online dating. I actually had a couple guys message me starting off with 'Wow, you're amazing. How are you single? Are you crazy or something?' without actually having talked with me and gotten to know me.

I'm not the only girl I know who has gotten this, either. Every friend I have, even the ones who are currently married or in a relationship, have had men say the same thing to them when they are single.

Why? I don't get it. Could it be possible that I just haven't found the right guy or a guy who is at my level? Why do I have to be 'crazy'? Explanation is needed please because this has bothered me for years, at least since my second year of college. It's freaking rude and annoying.
22
2