She wants to be friends first?

I've been talking to this girl Iike for a few weeks. She told me she wanted to just be friends first so she can see the type of person I am before we go any further. We went out a couple of days ago and she had a great time... I tried going for the kiss and it looked like she thought about it for a sec but still declined by saying we are friends first remember and to go with the flow. I'm hoping around the 7th or 8th date she will start to ask what is this? Also she texts me a lot but I kind of want to slow the texting down so the conversations don't get repetitive and so she won't get bored of me and so we have more to talk about during our dates in the future. I'm asking this question because I'm pretty impatient and I know with women that's a necessity but she makes me so happy. P. S. I told her that I feel like this whole friends first thing might increase my chances of being in the friends zone and she said that it's not like that... what can I do to help court this woman in the future?
She wants to be friends first?
Add Opinion