How to turn down a really nice guy?

He's really nice and smart, but to be honest he's kinda boring. Besides being boring I'm also not attracted to his looks. He keeps messaging me all these really nice things and all, and I don't have a heart to ignore him. I feel guilty ignoring his messages, it messes up with my head. We went on one date and I can tell he's really into me. I asked him what he is looking for and he said he doesn't want to rush things, that he likes me a lot but just wants to hang out for now. He tried to kiss me (I think) but I kind of avoided it. I told him that my life is too busy right now and that I'm not looking for a relationship nor a hookup and he said that's fine that we could just hang out and be friends. But I don't want to be friends either. He keeps asking me to hang out, he just doesn't get it. This is a small town and I know all of his friends and he knows all of my friends, we all used to hang out when we were younger. I'm fine hanging out with the group but I don't see the point in hanging out just the two of us. Do I just keep ignoring him until he gets it? I hate confrontation and it's really hard for me to directly tell him that I don't want to hangout anymore because he's gonna ask me why and contradict my every answer.

How to turn down a really nice guy?
Add Opinion