What are the expectations of a long distance relationship?

Horizons14
So this guy and I went on two dates. This most recent one was really great, we bonded so much and got really close. We ended up hugging again (much to my dismay but he's a shy guy) and he looked really disappointed in himself for not making a move. Anyway, he left for home for the summer; I'll see him in three weeks since my band will be touring over where he lives but after that I won't see him for three months (until fall semester).

What am I supposed to do, how do I act? It's not like we're exclusive (it's too early to even declare such a status) but I know I really like him. Are we supposed to text eachother, what are the expectations supposed to be? Is it cheating if I end up kissing someone else even if we aren't together? I don't know how he feels or what I'm supposed to do with these stressed out premature feelings. Am I supposed to go back to feeling single until we rekindle whatever we had?
1
1