Have you ever dated someone who was your friend before you started dating?

Many people say that they want their significant other or spouse to be their best friend. Great. So your best friend of the opposite sex has heard you say that you want your romantic partner to be your best friend. Finally, he comes to you and confesses that he is attracted to you and you reply by saying (guys, you know what is coming, don't you?) . . .

"But I don't want to take a chance on ruining our friendship."

So, if this guy has feelings for you, do you really think he can continue to be your friend and listen to you talking about your new boyfriend and how great he is and how you finally spent the night with him. No, your male friend will have an impossible time remaining as just your friend. . . and he will have some resentment for feeling that he has been "set up."

Of course, not all girls would do this. Even fewer guys would do this. What is your experience with dating someone who was first your friend and who later declared their interest in you?
What is dating?
I have dated but never had the opportunity to date someone who was first my friend
I have dated and had the opportunity to date someone who was first my friend but I declined
Vote C
I have dated someone who was first my friend but our relationship did not last long
Vote D
I have dated someone who was first my friend but we never progressed to a sexual relationship
Vote E
I have dated someone who was first my friend, we progressed to a sexual relationship, but we eventually broke up
Vote F
I have dated someone who was first my friend, we progressed to a sexual relationship, and we are in a LTR/marriage
Vote G
GirlGuy
18
14