I feel so upset by what I did with a guy, I feel ashamed, but also I think he is in the wrong here too based on his response to me?

Anonymous
I'm a virgin and on the fifth date he wanted to go to third base and we ended up having a discussion and I told him how I didn't want to and and he sensed that I didn't want to go further with him because I wasn't into him (which is true but I was avoiding saying it). My plan was to make out with him again and end things after that night by texting him I wasn't feeling it but we got into this convo and it was tough because I was trying to avoid telling him that I'm not that into him. I just wanted to make out and have fun with him but he wanted to understand why I didn't want to keep going. I know if I really like a guy I wouldn't have even made out so early on and I would want to take things slow. He could tell my explanation was all over the place so I had to tell him it's not going to work and my feelings are not as strong. He says how it's all because of this discussion and i said no in general and he didn't think so because i was just on top of him a minute ago. I told him no i was just doing that casually. He says unbelievable and I tell him i'm sorry and he says i'm not and he leaves. I texted him the next morning saying how I made a mistake and i'm genuinely sorry and i should have told him earlier and how he is a good guy and he'll find someone else, etc and he basically responds saying that i lied and deceived him and how he regrets giving me any attention and saying if i didn't end things he would have and that i don't need to remind him of who he is and that he hears it too often beyond his own self reflection. Good luck. I kinda see this as him lashing out and being angry that I'm rejecting him to make himself feel better by saying he would have rejected me anyway. The better approach would have been for him to accept my apology somehow and move on. I mean I get it i did lie and deceive him and i understand his position, but i feel he could have ended things on nicer terms even though i did act like an idiot. What do you think?
4
1