If a guy asks how long I've been single... should I be honest? How should I even answer this?

A guy I've been talking to for a day online asked how long I've been single for.

Technically I've never been in a long term relationship, I've 'dated', but it's always been just first dates. I wouldn't even consider them. The last person I was with was only for 3 months and that was 7 years ago. Since then I've been busy studying and only recently dating around about 6 months ago. But nothing serious.

How should I even answer? Without coming off as someone that doesn't like commitment or can't seem to hold onto guys? Because it's always the guys that break it off/ghost me. I don't want to tell him I've never been in a relationship before as I think that's a turn off for him?
6
1