Anyone has experience dating someone from the army? Help a girl out here?

Anonymous
A lot of friends tell me that it never works out dating someone with a background in the army/or currently in the army.

I started talking to a guy who has a background in the army, but he doesn't talk much about it, he tells me he was in the army as a corporal/lance sergeant for 6 years before going to the reserves. But now isn't there anymore, yet he won't tell me what he does now. I'm a bit confused whether or not he is still there or if he is hiding something.

He's very secretive on what he is doing now and doesn't talk about it, apart from 'his life in the army'. He was part of the explosive disposal unit when he was corporal. I don't even know when he left either.

He asks a lot of questions about me, like how long have I been online dating, how long I've been single and why. He doesn't seem to have much interest in what I do in my life.

I don't know much about the army life tbh. But in general, are guys from the army secretive? I understand he can't tell me entire detail, but if he says he is no longer in the army, then why can't he tell me what he is doing? Anyone had bad experiences dating someone from the army?
4
2