Guys, I'm thinking of starting off as friends, but is it worth anticipating the possibility of it developing into something else?

xolovenina
My bestie was telling me about his neighbor whom he believed would be a good match for me, and last night I finally met this guy. I liked him the moment I met him, and my bestie was surprised that I already knew I liked him. Anyway, I recently had a situation with a guy who turned out to be a fuckboi while I caught feelings, so I ASSUMED that my best friend would know that I wouldn't want to meet another guy like him. When I asked him about what his neighbor is like, he claimed that this guy isn't particularly looking to settle but he isn't a playboy either. So, I don't really know what to think of him. What does that mean? It may make sense to you men but I need help understanding this notion. Moving on with the story, the three of us hung out at their apt for a bit before heading to this karaoke bar next door. Since I love to sing, I showed off my skills and the guy was impressed. My bestie left us alone a bit afterwards so we could get to know each other, and we had an effective conversation. I flirted a bit. When it was closing time the three of us left and, while walking, the guy offered to piggy-back me since I was wearing heels (but I declined) (simply because I was completely fine walking in my heels). We went back to the apt and chilled there a bit. When it was time for me to leave, he tried to convince me to stay but I couldn't, so he called me an Uber. Now, this Uber driver wasn't fluent in English so we couldn't really tell whether he understood my destination. The guy tried to explain to the driver over and over, like "this is where you're headed" until he seemed to somewhat understand. I normally don't feel attracted to someone I just met, but this guy made a good impression on me. So, I told my best friend that the three of us should hang out again, which is TBA for now. Considering how he may not be looking for a relationship, I figured it would be better to hang as a three for a while. Would I be wasting my time, or should I pursue this?
You're wasting your time. You should find someone who would go on a date with you rather than start off mellow, not knowing whether it will turn into something.
You're off to a good start. Start as friends and get to know each other.
GirlGuy
1