Why is it so much harder to hookup with women than it is with men when there are more straight women than there are gay men?

OfDeath

I'm in a relationship and have been out of "the game" a long time. So long in fact, that my relationship predates dating apps.

So I decided to do an experiment (with my partners blessing).

I made two dating profiles. One on tinder and one on grindr.

Exact same pictures and description (and I used real photos of myself). My description was very simple: "Single guy looking to see what's out there in this world. I'm up for fun times"
Then I filled out all the stats like height, body type, location etc

So prepared, I started my experiment.

I sent the same message to 50 men and 50 women on the respective apps. I chose them by looks and age (under 35 and good looking) It said: "Hey how are you, what are you up to? I'm keen on getting together some time if you are"

Out of the 50 men I actually had more than 30 messages by nightfall.
Comments like "you're sexy, I'm keen to hook up for sure" "hey let's swap numbers" "hot body man" "well you're cute aren't you (location recieved)" "yeah let's hang out man" "(dick pic)"
There were zero rejection messages.

But... out of the 50 women... 4 responses after 24 hours and one of them was actually from a woman who turned out to be transgender.
They were as follows:
"Hi" (and then she never replied when I followed up)
"Fuck off"
"Get a life you loser"
"I like you but I'm a shemale"

So... what the hell? Original question.
1
2