Is it acceptable to randomly follow a girl on Twitter, whom you met briefly once in person? Please see further detail below?

I was attending a one day event during college placement and met a girl working with a different company whom I spoke to briefly on the day, she was easy to talk to as we had/have a lot in common. (I would like to talk to her again, in case that wasn't obvious). I have since returned to college and given that she travels around the country for work the chances of another "chance encounter" are very unlikely. I only know her name, however have recently found her profile on Twitter, would it be acceptable for me to follow her on Twitter on the off-chance/in the hope that it may re-establish conversation, (if she remembers me at all that is). It may not be appropriate for me to do so, especially given that it is almost two years since the day I met her. (Recently her profile appeared as a suggestion of "who to follow" on Twitter. All opinions welcome and appreciated.
1
2