Is he playing with me?

Anonymous
I have been messaging him for awhile now and he use to show a lot of interest, like it was really obvious he liked me but now something has changed. His response time to texts have been cut down dramatically, use to reply back within 4-8 minutes and gets back to me now 15+ minutes or an hour. It various, one minute he will message me in 15 then 4 then an hour. He doesn't flirt with me when I try to flirt with him but when he tries to flirt with me, I try to build from it and it will get afew messages in and he goes back to normal talk. He use to use heaps of emoji and he use to really put in a conversation but now he doesn't do it much; he will continue a conversation (I tested it by saying "Haha" and he gave me a compliment after that).

I got a feeling his playing with me and I don't know how I should handle it? Or is he keeping it cool because there was a point his compliments got abit overwhelming and he was really nice now his a different guy?
Is he playing with me?
3
3