Outsider's perspective please? Did I do something wrong? Is he just insecure or what?

I've been talking to a guy for quite a long while, mostly online, but we've met before. He has been very on and off with me. He seems like a super introverted guy, as am I. He told me he hadn't had any female over for a couple of years when I visited him. He isn't a typical guy females fall for but I seriously am in love with the guy. It has been almost a year since we've met, and I don't know how to express to him or show him that I really am genuine about my feelings when he is so on and off. I am popular with men in general because of my looks, but I am in no way a two timer or anything like that. Once I like a guy, it's only him I talk to or want to talk to. Today, I changed my profile picture. Within a half hour he "liked" it, and then he even messaged me and said we should hang out soon. I said I'd like to! After a couple hours, he purposely unliked my photo as I do not see his name in my likes anymore. In that time I also responded "thank ya" to a guy who commented he liked my style. But he's a friend from high school (I'm now 22) and I wasn't flirting at all. Did I do something wrong? Why would he go to the effort to unlike it? Was he mad I commented back to that guy?

0
2