Any tips for a guy who needs to be BOTH attracted to a girl's looks and personality?

Unfortunately and admittedly, I am one of those guys who needs to be attracted to a girl both physically and personality-wise in order to at least ask her out or continue dating her based on my experience. I have tried before with a couple of girls to continue dating without physical attraction and nothing developed. I also was not looking forward to the dates. At the end of the day, I assessed it by asking myself do I look forward going out with her again or do I prefer to just stay at home.

Any tips for a guy like me? Some friends of mine say don't be too picky or choosy. Some friends say do not settle and go for who I really want. Physically, I know I am not the best-looking person in the room. I would say average-looking. I think I have a better personality than looks.
1
1