How Should I Get Back my Ex?

Anonymous
Hi my name is John, I'm 18 and a high school senior. There was this girl (my ex) that I used to talk to back in my junior year around Christmas time (We're gonna call her Sam). She wasn't technically my ex but we were taking things pretty seriously and thinking about a relationship. We went to different schools but she was the sweetest girl ever and was honestly ideal for me. While we were talking, another one of my exs called me and said she wanted to start over. I made a horrible decision and chose her over Sam. I told Sam straight up that I wanted to date my ex because I felt nostalgic for her. Sam was upset and we stopped talking. A month later me and the girl broke up after constant fighting and playing games. I contacted Sam to see if she would give me a second chance but she said it didn't feel right and it would be better to just be friends. I was crushed but I guess I deserved it. Sam texted me a couple months after though wishing me a happy birthday (June) and saying it was unfortunate that things went the way they did. I said thanks but didn't really do anything with it as I was talking with another irrelevant girl. Me and this irrelevant girl dated up until November and then broke up. So I texted Sam on New years telling her that I missed her a lot and I've always regretted letting her go. I think it came off as a bit much because it was so sudden and emotional, and she pretty much told me that its been almost a year and that I should get over it. I was upset but realized that the presentation was probably a lot to take in. So 5 months have passed now and I want Sam back so badly but I don't know how to get her. Me and her go to different schools so its not like I'm constantly around her. She plays soccer and I could go to one of her games. Someone suggested I put flowers and a note at her door as well. I'm just not sure how to approach her and try to get her interested again without it being awkward or a complete failure. This is my last chance. Any Suggestions
+1 y
We also had a brief conversation over text about soccer recently but it really didn't go anywhere after the day ended.
+1 y
My birthday is also coming up in a month so should I wait to see if she texts me wishing me a happy birthday again, or is that too long to wait?
How Should I Get Back my Ex?
1
1