I haven't even met him in real life yet - why would a guy ask if we are a good match?

Anonymous
I met a guy on Match. com and he's very sweet - I started talking to him the day before he was going on holiday ( he was going away for 9 days). We have a common interest in photography and he told me he will stay in touch whilst he is away and to not worry about it. I didn't think much of it because he is travelling and I don't expect him to talk to me whilst he is away as I'm normally off the radar when I'm on holiday myself.

But he has been messaging me and sharing photos of his trip every other day - baring in mind I haven't even met this guy in person. Before he left for his trip, he did say "he can't wait to go and take photos with me." and then asked "photography date? we must go for a sunset photo"

He went on to ask for my star sign and asked if we are a good match and he said how he thinks it is a good match.

Why would he ask whether we are a good match? We haven't even met in real life - is it just part of him chasing me? He sounds interested, but it's too early to say? I am a bit skeptical because he sounds too good to be true, especially because he is very attractive.
3
1