I'm at an impasse and I don't know how to handle the situation?

Anonymous
Ok, so to start off. I do not want to sound like an attention hog, that is not my intention. I would also appreciate everyone's opinion. Thank you.

Well I'm a teenage guy that is socialy square with absolutely no experience with girls. In particular, there is one girl in my grade that I have known for a good many years, but never got to know her. I'm 6ft 1.5 and she is around my shoulder height. She is extremely cute and really shy away from speaking out loud most of the time. The thing is is that I haven't realized my feelings towards her until a dream that I had the other night where I had kissed her. I don't know weather or not to write this off as teenage horrimones or if I'm just truly falling for her.

She is very popular with friends and is very fun. She offten talks to me like a long lasting friend during class. She keeps to herself. She likes music, and most of the time she comes to school in either sweat pants and a sweater, or jeans and a sweater.

But to move on to the actual question. I'm not popular in any way, I'm just known as the "smart" kid that is really annoying and has been ridiculed by his peers for the majority of his life. I don't know if she would or wouldn't like me. And if she did would she be made fun of for liking me? So, you what should I do? How should I approach her if at all?
1
1