Guys eyes on my girls ass, should it bother me?

i know guys check out girls all the time & i know guys check out my girlfriend all the time too, she's pretty & has a good body, completely understand that.

But when i'm next to my girl & some guy is starring at my girls ass for an extended period of time, it bothers me, it makes me angry, it makes me want to punch the guy in the face.

a lot of guys will acknowledge she is hot in a respectful way, but the proportion that don't is what bothers me. I know i can't control them & how they act. But is it normal to feel this way? & if not why not.

Today some guy was starring at my girls ass for almost entire time we were queuing for food. My girl was wearing yoga pants & to be honest i feel like they show too much, she may as well have been naked from waist down. I could feel myself getting more & more angry. I didn't react because i knew it would cause me more trouble than it's worth

But i later asked my girlfriend why she wears such tight pants that show off her ass & she said that guys only stare at her like that because they want to fuck her & that she with me, so i shouldn't worry.

Now i think maybe i shouldn't have asked her about why she wears them & maybe the issue is with me, but i don't understand why it bothers me. I don't ask for it to make me angry, it just happens & i feel that emotion.

I guess what i am asking for is a little guidance & perspective from people with experience. I've dated hot girls before but never stayed with them long enough to care if she was getting perved on.

thanks in advance
3
3