What should I do?

Anonymous
This guy I've been seeing for 4 months says he's broken, and emotionless from the pain caused from his ex so he doesn't want to make me his girlfriend because he'll hurt me. He doesn't clarify how he thinks he'll hurt me but he does make it clear that he wouldn't hurt me by cheating. He come up to me at my job and asked me for my number and asked to take me out on a date and I rejected him a couple of times because I was having ex boyfriend troubles but I finally said yes. Our first date was awesome he was all that I ever dreamed about (and still is) but after a while he's been distant not like how he was before and I know time takes it's toll but when I get mad because he gives me mixed feelings he says that I have no idea how much he likes me. Yet he isn't willing to make me his girlfriend but is willing to have intercourse with me. (Stupid on my end for following through) but he claims it's because of the pain his ex caused him. I really really like this guy but it sucks having mixed feelings and I don't know if I should give up on him or if I should stay by his side and show him that I really like him and maybe I'll get a chance.
What should I do?
Add Opinion