Is It Shallow To Refuse To Date Any Men; Due To Your Financial Situation?

Anonymous
Hello I would appreciate some advice regarding dating; so is it appropriate to date when you are unemployed and basically poor? I’m asking this question because I’m 20 years old woman going into my second year of university in September and I have put dating on hold until I can establish a career in which I predict this may take place at the age of 30 when I have completed all of my studies I wish to pursue. I do not feel as if I can bring any value to the table if I choose to date at this point in my life as I’m down right poor and having a very difficult time finding a job even with a college diploma and previous work experiences. Is this a shallow way of looking at things? How do I politely reject men who may find themselves interested in me during my 20’s. Thank you very much! ( I have never had a boyfriend )
22
3