Do women still expect a man to do everything for her?

Peopleschamp
After reading a lot of questions from people on here, as well as looking back on personal experience and really just observing the way our society treats this issue, I'm convinced a lot of women really do want a guy to do everything when it comes to relationships.

I don't understand why, but men are still expected to: Approach first, text or call first, ask for the number instead of the girl asking for the guys even if she's interested, pay for the entire date or at least offer, make a woman feel special, etc

Am I missing something here? The only answer I can seem to get from people as to why men are expected to do everything is "because he's the guy" , what a terrible excuse in my opinion.

What do you all think, why are men in 2017 still being held to these outdated rules? Is this basically the theme of women can do whatever men can do except when it doesn't benefit them?
11
3