What is it like to be sober, single guy and dating? How to stay fun and confident? Is it harder to have initial success with women?

Anonymous
I'm a light drinker (albeit a very sporadic parties here and there) and I've never had a problem. But as a self challenge I'm considering going sober for about 2 months until my birthday. I figure it would help me get in better physical shape and be a way to challenge myself. I've had long bouts of soberness in the past because I used to be a professional MMA fighter. During camps I would go cold turkey for training. During these time periods I didn't try to date anybody (if I wasn't in a relationship).

However I have one serious concern. I was ghosted with no warning from my last ex about 5 months ago (9 month relationship). Since then I've been tindering it up and doing other things to meet women. I'm naturally introverted and I have to get myself mentally prepped before I go on dates. I really force myself to be more outgoing, take risks with jokes... even mild sexual comments. AND I usually do some liquid courage. On a date I have an average of 2-3 drinks. I don't get wasted, but the the buzz does help me loosen up.

Anyway I want to go sober until my birthday. However during this time period I'm worried that dating is going to be tougher, more awkward. I am slightly lonely. Both of my last two serious relationships ended horribly (nothing to do with booze). I really am trying to rebound and keep trying with women. I've only fooled around with two women since my ex (no home plate). I admit I would like to get like to touch home plate with someone I find decent.

Any advice from sober people, ESPECIALLY sober guys who are SUPPOSED to be funny, confident and outgoing on first dates?
What is it like to be sober, single guy and dating? How to stay fun and confident? Is it harder to have initial success with women?
Add Opinion