What is it like to be sober, single guy and dating? How to stay fun and confident? Is it harder to have initial success with women?

Anonymous
I'm a light drinker (albeit a very sporadic parties here and there) and I've never had a problem. But as a self challenge I'm considering going sober for about 2 months until my birthday. I figure it would help me get in better physical shape and be a way to challenge myself. I've had long bouts of soberness in the past because I used to be a professional MMA fighter. During camps I would go cold turkey for training. During these time periods I didn't try to date anybody (if I wasn't in a relationship).

However I have one serious concern. I was ghosted with no warning from my last ex about 5 months ago (9 month relationship). Since then I've been tindering it up and doing other things to meet women. I'm naturally introverted and I have to get myself mentally prepped before I go on dates. I really force myself to be more outgoing, take risks with jokes... even mild sexual comments. AND I usually do some liquid courage. On a date I have an average of 2-3 drinks. I don't get wasted, but the the buzz does help me loosen up.

Anyway I want to go sober until my birthday. However during this time period I'm worried that dating is going to be tougher, more awkward. I am slightly lonely. Both of my last two serious relationships ended horribly (nothing to do with booze). I really am trying to rebound and keep trying with women. I've only fooled around with two women since my ex (no home plate). I admit I would like to get like to touch home plate with someone I find decent.

Any advice from sober people, ESPECIALLY sober guys who are SUPPOSED to be funny, confident and outgoing on first dates?
2
0