How to approach a friend of a friend for a date?

Anonymous
I've always had a small crush on my classmates best friend who is a year older than us, but just recently I saw her again and now I'm crushing way harder. She's funny, smart, pretty, we've got quite a bit in common. I really want to start talking to her and possibly going on a date with her.

The only problem is that she is in my friend circle and I see her at a lot of events and stuff my classmate is at. (Most recent: bonfire) If I asked her out or even started talking to her it might become really awkward to see her again. I never get alone time with her because our friends are always nearby. I do have a way to contact by Snapchat if that is an option. I've thought about asking my classmate to talk to her about it, but I don't know if that is a good idea because it's her best friend and she might not approve.

What would be a good way to start talking to her and possibly ask her out without making things awkward?
1
0