How can I have a partner if I am extremely shy?

Hello there, I would like to have some of your precious opinions on the current situation since I don't know what to do anymore. I do appreciate your consideration.

I am 23 years old, and never had any girlfriend during a lifetime. All I've been able to do in the past three years, it is to date only two girls. It never went further than the first date.

The first one, just ended a relationship so I might have been a rebound to her or simply didn't work out between us. I can not really tell to be honest.

The second one, there was no chemistry and we didn't have the same values. Nevertheless, I tried out of desperation to schedule a second date. First, she accepted to go on a second date then some hours before the date she said she would like to ditch it. I tried to not react to that, but I was somehow sad about it.

I don't have female friends around, or any potential date because I'm extremely shy to approach them and to take their numbers.

At this point in my life, I've become desperate. I want to have a relationship, and feel what it is like to have a partner, a kiss, or anything that couples usually do.

As I grew older, and more inexperienced the less chances I will have to know what I want in a potential partner. On the other hand, people will know what they want in a relationship and are less likely to go with someone that is inexperienced (I believe).

What can I possibly do?

I am tired of this situation, and would really like to have some advices.

Thank you for your time, and eventually for your much appreciated help.
+1 y
I didn't expect to get so much feedbacks, thanks to all of you. I will read each advice you have preciously shared :)
22
40