Is it okay for a woman to pay for everything on the first date?

Anonymous
I went on a first date with this guy. It was me who invited him. I suggested a local restaurant (nothing expensive) and he agreed to it. When the waiter came I took my wallet to pay for my meal, but he did nothing. He just took his phone and started typing on it. I was looking at him for few seconds and I dunno I just froze, it was really awkward I didn't know how to tell him to pay for the rest. So I payed for everything in the end. He didn't even offer to pay for his part. We were supposed to go for a walk after that but I wasn't in the mood anymore so I told him I want to go home and rest. He texted me today but I'm not sure if I have the right to feel off put? Was it because it was me who invited him? Is that how it's supposed to be? He's not a poor guy, he has a job and everything so I don't really understand. Was it because he knows I earn a decent amount of money? Does that make it right?
23
11