+1 y

The guy I'm dating just decided he doesn't want an LDR, what can I do? Do I wait for him?

So I met a guy when I was away at university. We became very close and started dating. Things were going really really well, until uni ended and I had to go home for the summer. We were keeping in contact quite well, daily texting and the odd phone call, but slowly the texting started to get more and more mundane. Basically the same exact conversation each day, leading no where. I texted him the other day saying how I was finding the LDR to be quite difficult and I proposed that we try to have more phone calls and just try to make it work until I'm back at school in August and we can be together again. I've been trying to plan a weekend to go visit him, but our work schedules haven't allowed it thus far. He replied to that text by basically breaking up with me. He said he never intended for this to turn into an LDR and he has no intention of having an LDR with me and suggested that we just call it quits until I'm back there in a few months. He still wants to see me if I go down there during the summer, and wants to try again once I'm back in August, but said that to save us both from having to put up with the mundane texts we should just call it quits for the summer. I dont know what to do. I was completely willing to try and make this work, and I was honestly really hurt by what he suggested. I feel like if he doesn't even want to try to make this work, is there even a point of holding onto him and trying again in the fall? Is this just his way of letting me down easy? Does he actually want to try again when we're living in the same city again? I'm trying to give him space right now and not text him (I'll admit, I'm pretty clingy and needy) so he can have time to himself to think things through. Please help! I'm an emotional wreck and my brain is on overdrive trying to figure out what this means!
1
1