How many people believe in monogamy?

Are we not meant to be with just one person

924

Most Helpful Girl

• This is the thing: I feel like humans have the natural incline to have more than one partner, but I also feel like there's a reason why we gravitate towards monogamy. Like penguins, we want to have one single partner. However, unlike penguins, if our partner ceases to be there we have the ability to move on.

For me personally I believe in monogamy because I do not come to care about people easily. I'm not inclined to even want to see other people if I'm with someone, because they are the only one I want. If I'm with someone I'm with them because they are special compared to the rest of the meat suits that pass by me each day.

Most Helpful Guy

• It is meaningless to talk about what we were "meant" to do. All that matters is whether we are comfortable with monogamy. Holy cow, yes! I want to settle down with one woman for the rest of my life.

What Girls Said 8

• I believe in it completely. If you can't stay in a relationship with one person for long - it's either because you're just incompatible or you're not willing to work hard enough at it. A relationship is never "easy." I mean, it shouldn't be hard, but both people need to put effort in and not stop doing the things they once did to get their partner. It's when they do that the relationship starts to wither. It's not hard to be with just one person.

• I do not think there is such a thing as believing in it. Its more about are You able to make it work or not.

Its true that in most cases one Person can't fullfil or ur desires, but thats when u decide to put work in it when u make compromises out of love and when u choose to make an effort by trying toys or so instead of running to another Person. If ur up for the challenge and ur partner is too then with effort it will work. If not then not. In the end its down to the couple / the two people forming a couple and how they Want their relationship to be

• <3 yes haha

depends on how much people want to make it work and their capability to adapt for the one they love

• I do! :)

well it is for some, not for all. And that is fine.

• If you choose to be in a committed relationship or married yes 100%.

• I am a monogamous person. But I know a lot of poly and swingers. But honestly, the success rate on both is nearly the same.

• I'm curious with the idea of swinging but not fussed on ever doing it, I believe fully in monogamy

• I do

• me. people are selfi

What Guys Said 23

• I want it to be that way cuz thats how I was raised to think relationships go but naturally humans are not. Society tells us to be monogamous so we try it n most fail miserably at it.

• Monogamy is bullshit, evolution proves it. Men are programmed to fertilize as many eggs as possible and the women are programmed to care for the resulting young. That's the root cause of all cheating, trying to ignore nature and expecting just 1 man for 1 women their entire lives with neither ever getting bored until death and if they do they are supposed to live with it anyway and be miserable = fuck that. It's stupid to assume what constitutes social norms that can change literally from one decade to the next can undo what nature programmed into us over millions of years.

• Couldn't agree more

• Thats situational. And if so a situation arises that there are more females than males then yes, it makes sense.
      But under normal circumstances, monogamy is still better.
      Polygamy will just increase exposure to diseases, violence, and uncared-for children.
      If human infants and kids didn't need a fatger it would be arguably an ok alternative, but since we obviously do, its not.

• And by the way, the whole 1 man can impregnate 100 women to "save " the species is kinda bs.
      Its possible in theory, but can one man also look after and teach 100 kids to survive?
      Like if maybe 10 kids survive out of those, then is that successful. Id say , 1 guy impregnating 3-4 women at a time is max, after that its just downhill and counterproductive..

• The truth is virgin couples are more successful at monogamy than others. I do not know why this is, however the statistics show it.

• I don't know if we're "meant" to be with one person. But I do believe monogamy is normal, natural and a functioning type of relationship to have long term. I support it.

• it jus depends on the type of relationship and how you feel. sometimes I like to be with just one person and really commit and bond. in between those relationships I like to be with a cpl people at the same time. it's just a different but still fulfilling experience.

• Honestly, if I got a bisexual Girlfriend and she wanted to share a second girlfriend that I also liked then I'd maybe be up for it, but otherwise one partner is fine

• I'm monogamous... I know I'm so edgy in the 21st century huh?

• Hmm. That's able to spark a huge debate. I know fuck loads of people who say monogamy is not natural.

• I prefer a monogamous relationship. And many guys and girls do as well. Can't wait to find her!

But I respect people who don't believe that.

• I think I'm a polygamist but my girlfriend says I'm into monogamy... sigh lol

• uhm then do you think you may be mismatched?

Just... hmm how to say it? Try not to hurt her. Meaning, if you feel one day that you made a mistake, just break it off with her, before hurting her.

• ah

well... probably. but if it was I, I'd prefer to discuss the problems with him.

• well if you want to be all sensible about it, sure lol

• I'm 100% certain monogamy exists.

• It's a sad day when people actually have to ask that

• The vast majority of people believe in it.

• monogamy is society's funny joke lmao

• Worked for most people i know. I believe in it.

• Its the life I choose to live regardless of the true nature of human beings

• we are not penguins...

• me cheating will either get you pregnant or get you a std

• i don't

• I believe in it.

• Just something conceptualized by us. Delusions. Some rich guys got multiple mistresses throughout history.

• Guys don't so we cheat..

• I don't think it's necessary to have a good relationship

• That's why you can choose to be single and be with as many people as you like

• @HitGirl_4680 eh in a few years it probably won't be confusing at all, when they are old enough to realize monogamy isn't for everyone or really anyone considering how common cheating is in what supposed to monogamous relationships.

• Each to their own I guess. I don't judge anyone, especially based my own experiences and thoughts