+1 y

I went through his journal, and found out he's been lying to me about his health and ex girlfriend. What should I do?

I've been dating this guy for over a month now. I know it sounds like a short period of time, but we grew close very quickly and we spend a lot of time together. However, from the very start I had some concerns about his ex girlfriend because her stuff is still EVERYWHERE in his apartment (like, half of his closet is filled with her clothes), while he insists they broke up nearly 9 months ago and speaks to her only when necessary, which is like once a month. I believed him.

One morning he left for work, I was looking for a piece of paper and found his journal. I know it's the worst thing I could've done, but I just had to know the truth.. As it turns out, he has some serious health issues, and he has still been hooking up with his ex until 4 months ago. It also said he wants to get her back or meet someone else, but considering her stuff is still everywhere, I doubt the latter is the case.

With this knowledge, I also started asking questions about his pain (he complains about pain quite often, but says 'nothing is wrong' while I KNOW for a fact he's sick). This combined with the whole ex girlfriend story has left me in major doubt regarding how to proceed. I like this guy so much, and I know he really likes me, but I don't feel like I can trust him.

How would you guys proceed?
3
1