He never has money to do anything, what should I do?

Anonymous
I've been dating my boyfriend for about 6 months, and he is still yet to take me anywhere. We sometimes go to the park and stuff like that, but I really want to go out and do fun things.
I suggest things we could do and he always replies with "I don't have money to do that" or "I will think about it". We've been dating for 6 months and he hasn't even taken me to dinner, or bought me a drink once. When we do go anywhere he never offers to get me food or anything. We could go to get food and be would only get food for himself, not even asking if I wanted anything.

I try to take him out when I can, I buy him gig tickets. I even spent a ton of money taking him to a music festival. I always buy him small gifts when I see stuff that I think he will like.

I've suggested that he get a job, but he always acts so defensive and says he's too busy.
I don't really know what to do anymore, I feel like I'm the boyfriend in the relationship. I'm not asking for the world, just little things here and there to make me feel appreciated. I've tried talking to him about it numerous times, nothing seems to work.

What should I do? Why is he like this?
3
1