Women of color : have you ever dated someone who made you question how they feel about your skin color?

It's just that there has been a lot of issues around me and him... and our landlord and property managers are black and also his friend who is middle eastern calls black people "n*ggers" yet his baby mama is black and his kids are mixed and he also told me he had racist thoughts about our landlord and the property managers... those things make me really wonder (even though my mom is biracial heritage)

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm not a woman of color but that guy sounds like bad news. Seriously, if he has these racist thoughts then why is he with you? Why do you want to be with him?

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 3

• so r u saying he is white and hang out with all these racists?
    confront him straight out.. if u have any doubt sump his ass.

• There are no black people on GaG.

• Just pointing out and it may actually help you black isn't actually a colour.

• true, black is the absence of all color. she just means people with dark skinn close to black... and you know it

• @pim217 dark skin doesn't mean black! Even racist site stormfront knows this! Skin color isn't indicator of race! Hell even white folks have dark skin when they describe Greeks Italians and Armenians! Koreans can be lighter than whites! DOES that mean they're racially white?

• Yes but if she applied this to her situation then it would be non existent because what's being said isn't true.

What Girls Said 8

• I've actually just left a relationship kinda like that we got in an argument, but he flat out told me this is why i dont date black girls. I cried, then deleted everything of his. I have delt with feeling like my color was a problem when it came to dating people of other races. Im to afraid to address it if its a small reason, cus I over think a lot, but if its noticable and constand, address it, cus maybe later on it can lead to something worse.

• I've never been through this situation.
    But, I know what you're talking about. I've heard about people who make racist remarks, they laugh at racist jokes, they behave in a way that is considered racist, but yet they still date/marry/have kids outside their race.
    I'd say they're racists in the closet. They're even worse than the ones who admit they're racist.
    I guess you should have a honest conversation with him about this subject. That's the only way to find out what he thinks about it.

• A lot of people who date blacks are still racist and many blacks who date them know this. Blacks too can be racist and hypocritical while wanting to be with other races. All I can say is sigh... humans.

• You need to sit and talk to him ab that and how you feel, if he expects to be with you there has to be an understanding ab that sorta thing. As far as we've come with that there's still a lot of work to do in today's society. He just has to know

• he's white?

• I've had but I think he only had a fetish so I stopped.

• No, but I have dated somebody who tried my like I was a fetish. It's was really uncomfortable like everywhere we went he needed to make it clear that I was black and that he was dating me.

• Never