+1 y

Guys, How should I take a guy that went ghost and hasn't texted me in a month?

So I started talking to this guy, everything seemed to be going great. We hung out a few times. He started telling me that he had fallen fast and hard for me that he really liked me. He even told me he had fallen in love with me, told me he wanted to marry me and have kids with me. A little while before we hung out the second time he come up saying his sister was diagnosed with cancer and he kind of stopped talking to me as much. I eventually texted him asking why he stopped talking to me and he said it had to do with everything that was going on which I understand. He said he still wanted me, but couldn't give me his time like deserve not right that minute but one day he would. Eventually we ended up getting together again, I spent the night with him, the next day he texted me a few times and that was it. I didn't hear anything from him for almost three weeks and he sent one text and stopped again. Then one day out of nowhere he texts me and we talked half the day then he suddenly stopped. So weeks went by and nothing, he ends up coming to where I worked. I was trying to make conversation with him asked if was off of work that day and he said yes and the whole time he is smiling and acting like nothing ever happened. Later on that night I texted him saying I hope things weren't awkward. He texts back saying he still wants me. He also proceeds to tell me he is giving me the chance I want come show him I am worthy, he kept saying he didn't think I was serious before. I ended up spending the night with him that night and he tells me that me being quite and laid back scared him, said he was scared to get close to me and that he really liked me. The next day after I went home we texted back and forth and was making plans to meet up again and I asked when and he said I don't know soon and that's the last thing I heard from him, it has been a month now. I just need some opinions. Did I get played?
3