Do you think that having a very different culture would be a problem in a couple one day?

220

What Guys Said 20

• It's possible, though I don't think culture matters as much as worldview. You can make new traditions and sacrifice some and get along just fine, but if you have a completely different world view, it's very hard to make that work, and often times cultures may have world views that go with them.

• No, if you actually love each other it does not matter.

• Yeah, I think it's the biggest problem. Two people of different cultures are going to have the hardest time of all reconciling their disparate views of the world into a harmonious relationship.

• I don't feel so
    culture and likes are a bit similar, what I relate to
    so here's my answer

me and my girlfriend have totally opposite like, even I'm food, and we cannot share that a lot
    at times there were times where we could not find anything to talk so just chatted like "whatsup" and all sort of timepass things

but among all culture and people
    there are some common like which no one can not agree to have in common

and you can even develope a taste in you couples hobbies
    this way u show more trust in her than anyone else

I started reading books just to give it a try
    I read a first book to try it for her
    and you know what
    now I like reading

she's a reading geek
    and now, so am I

so this way
    people who genuinely care about eachother would still be together irrespective of their different culture and liking

• I think probably so. At the very least it would be a big challenge.

• Yes. Two different walks of life. Two different points of view. Two different worlds. Different races are raised different and have different belief ma and values. And they will always conflict. Political view will also play a part in this. It's just a big cluster fuck. Love is love but love is blind. In the end the truth about ones true feelings or family differences will come to light. Especially if the pair has a child

• You have to be more specific, and it also depends on the individuals involved.

• 5d

He's from east Europ, I'm from an Arab family but we live in west Europ. We Don't mind about our relationship but I'm afraid about both families

• 3d

If you don't have wine with dinner and beer with your bratwurst, then you do not live like a European.

• 3d

Haha that's very cliché

• I wouldn't recommend totally different cultures not because it's hard to accept other people's culture but marriage is a bond and both expect certain things from the spouse,

now one might do best according to his/her culture but that might be considered as great in other culture. eg way of dressing food etc

but if both aren't very strict to cultural habits then it doesn't matter

• it shouldn't

• I've been through that and its wuite difficult. one in a million works out. if you're ready to give it a chance.

• No it shouldn't be if both couples work together.

• yes it will be

• It's depends on how accepting of eachother cultures your are and your respective families

• Good chance of that

• no not exactly... if this will be problem it will raise in starting itself... not in longrun

• yes, because right now, they way our culture is going doesn't look good.

• Well it would depend on the cultures themselves, I mean it can work and it may not work.

• 5d

East European and Arab cultures..

• 4d

Depends on what Eastern European countries.

But I would say most of the time probably not since Arab immigrants are causing a lot of problems in Europe.

• hello

• Being from different families creates communication static and culture takes that to a much greater level. Do you recognize this? Do you both work to reconcile this? Are you self aware? There are many questions to answer to be able to answer yours.

• 5d

Well there isn't any problem between us and our cultures but it will be time to meet each others families and I'm afraid about it

• 4d

The things you might face are simply. Depending on where you are from and where he is from is the first thing. The south? The west? The east? The center fly over states? Each region is very different and people do things differently. Most white, black and Hispanic families down south won't like seeing their family members date outside of their race. They might not say it but deep down that's how they feel. The east and west are more cultural and don't oppose it, but they still believe in a lot of the stereotypes. The fly over states are similar to the south. By one not being raised around a lot of people from a particular race they usually believe what they see in movies, hear on the news, and believe in the stereotypes. Sad but true. And they will be cautious yet curious about you. This is everything you might face. once again it's a mess but this is how society is. And this is why dating outside of your race is hard. There are so many intangibles. Just be ready to face them

• 4d

I guess you're talking about Usa. We both live in West Europe but he is a Christian East European and I'm a Muslim Arab...

• Maybe depends for example im of eastern Slavonic culture and of a certain sub group of Slavs called Cossacks i think my culture would not get in way of relationship just perhaps my Religion but i don't see why you can't have a relationship as long as they ain't muslim you should be good to date

• 5d

I'm muslim 😂 and he is also of eastern Slavonic country.. I'm not really worried about the relationship but more about both families

• 3d

ok thank you for your opinion and honesty!

• 2d

No problem i wish you well

What Girls Said 2

• only if they make it a problem. If you work around cultural kinks together during the dating stage those problems won't show up layer because they've already been discussed.

• Yes, of course.