Hey Girls, Will you date someone having mental disorder?

This is just a G@G poll. No offensive comments.

Disorders such as -:

1. Anxiety Disorders including social phobia.
2. Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD, ADD).
3. Autism Spectrum Disorder.
4. Bipolar Disorder.
5. Borderline Personality Disorder.
6. Depression.
7. Eating Disorders.
8. Epilepsy.
9. Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder.
10. Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD).
11. Psychosis.
12. Schizophrenia.
13. Substance Use Disorder.
14. Suicidal thoughts.
15. Complications related to a Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)

• Yeah I will 😊
  • Nope. 😊
Select a gender to cast your vote:
Guys can not vote on this poll
I'm a Girl

19

Most Helpful Girl

• Well I dated someone who had autism and another who had severe depression at different times in my life. I prefered dating the guy with autism because he talked a lot about his interests, though it was difficult for him to understand my feelings about certain things. When I dated the guy with severe depression, he could understand my feelings about things but he would do this thing where he stops messaging to me (internet relationship) for several days to a week.
    I think maybe I would date another guy with mental illness but I kinda want the illness to be mild or barely noticeable, since it's a handful to deal with

What Girls Said 18

• i would, just depends on the disorder and who they are as a person.

• I feel like it is easier said than done. things like ADD/ADHD are manageable as well as epilepsy, autism, eating disorder, etc. but it gets a little more complicated once it gets to things like schizophrenia, bipolar disorder,

• Sorry I submitted too quickly by accident but to continue what I was saying, knowing myself as someone's with ADD/ADHD, I'm disorganized, I get distracted easily and seeing that I can barley take care of myself I'm not sure I could date someone with severe mental disorders unless they could handle themselves also.

• I posted a question like this
    I have 1,2,6,7,8, and 14
    if I like someone then I like them, no matter what they have. if they can deal with me then I can deal with them

• I would, I love caring for people that way

• My ex suffers from paranoid schizophrenia and anxiety and i was always there for him i always put his safety above mine until ot got to the stage where either i put my safety first and get the fuck out or stay and either end up serverly hurt or dead. He would self medicate with illict drugs as well as incorrectly use his medication. there's only so much that a person can do to help people like this. Yes some mental health issues are easier to manage and all that and i get that everyone suffers from some kind of mental health issue in some point in life but its all about how they themselves manage it. So my answer to question is yes and no it depends on what kind of mental health issue they suffer from as to where i would be able to date them or not.

• 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, 10, 14, 15, yes. The others, I'm not sure.

• No why would I? Have you ever heard of survival of the fittest?

• Thanks for sharing your valuable opinion on my question. I believe that the individuals that survive are not always the strongest, fastest, or smartest. As each individual has different choice of dating we can not generalize. As per my knowledge it is based on the Darwinian evolutionary theory and Specer.

• Yes I believe if you slow you will not survive. If you aren't smart you won't survive. Why would anyone choose to breed with a weak humann someone sick or with bad genes. No women in her right mind would. Unless she has no options.

• Yeah. The people who are slow can survive. Lethargic people face hardships in existence. It is possible to survive even the person is dull or dumb just they has to face few problems. Few women choose to breed with people who are having problems because they fall in love with the person having bad genes though she has options.

• no. especially not the more serious ones like suicidal thoughts. it's too much for me and I dont think I'm selfish for not wanting to jump into an a deep ocean of sadness with someone else.

• I find that really hard to answer without knowing the person.

• My boyfriend suffers from depression, yet I still love him with my whole heart.

• i wouldn't

• As long as it isn't so extreme to the point where it's just too much stress. I have a chronic illness, anxiety and depression so I have a lot on my plate already and I can't really afford to take care of another person

• I would not. It's too much to deal with.

• Sorry no too much 😬😬😬

• I would, I can relate. "Cause I got issues" 😂 But it would probably be a disaster in the end. Lol

• Yeah I would but it would depend on what disorder it was

• it doesn't matter if they have something wrong with them as long as their a good person

• I already have my mental disorders to deal with, I'm not putting up with someone else that has one as well.

Also the title should be with instead of having.