Hey Girls, Will you date someone having mental disorder?

This is just a G@G poll. No offensive comments.

Disorders such as -:

1. Anxiety Disorders including social phobia.
2. Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD, ADD).
3. Autism Spectrum Disorder.
4. Bipolar Disorder.
5. Borderline Personality Disorder.
6. Depression.
7. Eating Disorders.
8. Epilepsy.
9. Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder.
10. Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD).
11. Psychosis.
12. Schizophrenia.
13. Substance Use Disorder.
14. Suicidal thoughts.
15. Complications related to a Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)

• Yeah I will 😊
  • Nope. 😊
Guys can not vote on this poll
I'm a Girl

38

Most Helpful Girl

• Well I dated someone who had autism and another who had severe depression at different times in my life. I prefered dating the guy with autism because he talked a lot about his interests, though it was difficult for him to understand my feelings about certain things. When I dated the guy with severe depression, he could understand my feelings about things but he would do this thing where he stops messaging to me (internet relationship) for several days to a week.
    I think maybe I would date another guy with mental illness but I kinda want the illness to be mild or barely noticeable, since it's a handful to deal with

What Girls Said 37

• 1. Anxiety Disorders including social phobia.
    I have done that.
    Yes.
    3. Autism Spectrum Disorder.
    Depends on the severity of it.
    4. Bipolar Disorder.
    Yes.
    5. Borderline Personality Disorder.
    Probably not. We would have a really toxic relationship because I am prone to such behavior as well.
    6. Depression.
    Yes.
    7. Eating Disorders.
    No.
    8. Epilepsy.
    Yes.
    9. Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder.
    Yes.
    Yes.
    11. Psychosis.
    No.
    12. Schizophrenia.
    No.
    13. Substance Use Disorder.
    No.
    14. Suicidal thoughts.
    Yes.
    No.

• i would, just depends on the disorder and who they are as a person.

• I answered yes because I have in the past, but in reality it depends on what it is, how well they deal with it, if they are doing anything to cope and how bad it is. A dude with anxiety and depression who is trying to cope is not a problem. A dude with substance abuse issues and other disorders on top of it who doesn't want to do anything about it or feeds it, I will not date.

• I posted a question like this
    I have 1,2,6,7,8, and 14
    if I like someone then I like them, no matter what they have. if they can deal with me then I can deal with them

• I would, I love caring for people that way

• My ex suffers from paranoid schizophrenia and anxiety and i was always there for him i always put his safety above mine until ot got to the stage where either i put my safety first and get the fuck out or stay and either end up serverly hurt or dead. He would self medicate with illict drugs as well as incorrectly use his medication. there's only so much that a person can do to help people like this. Yes some mental health issues are easier to manage and all that and i get that everyone suffers from some kind of mental health issue in some point in life but its all about how they themselves manage it. So my answer to question is yes and no it depends on what kind of mental health issue they suffer from as to where i would be able to date them or not.

• I feel like it is easier said than done. things like ADD/ADHD are manageable as well as epilepsy, autism, eating disorder, etc. but it gets a little more complicated once it gets to things like schizophrenia, bipolar disorder,

• Sorry I submitted too quickly by accident but to continue what I was saying, knowing myself as someone's with ADD/ADHD, I'm disorganized, I get distracted easily and seeing that I can barley take care of myself I'm not sure I could date someone with severe mental disorders unless they could handle themselves also.

• Im dating a guy whos really paranoid borderline skitzo and its hard at times but we pull through, I love him to death

• I have OCD, GAD, ADHD, and a learning disability. I have a lot on my plate. I dated a guy for 3 years but he had severe severe depression. He wouldn't talk to me for days. He never told me he dropped out of university. I went to surprise him with lunch one day at his class and I found out from his classmates he hasn't been there for 3 months. And instead of him getting a job and working, he slept and played video games for 3 months. Our mental disorders clashed like crazy. I broke up with him. I will date someone with mental illness but as long as we can work together and help eachother then yes but if they clash like my other relationship then no

• no. especially not the more serious ones like suicidal thoughts. it's too much for me and I dont think I'm selfish for not wanting to jump into an a deep ocean of sadness with someone else.

• 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, 10, 14, 15, yes. The others, I'm not sure.

• As long as it isn't so extreme to the point where it's just too much stress. I have a chronic illness, anxiety and depression so I have a lot on my plate already and I can't really afford to take care of another person

• My boyfriend suffers from depression, yet I still love him with my whole heart.

• it doesn't matter if they have something wrong with them as long as their a good person

• Not at this point in my life just because my sister is struggling so much. I've been focusing so much energy on helping her depression that I wouldn't have it in me to help someone else on top of that. That doesn't mean I don't think there aren't wonderful people out there with these mental illnesses though

• i wouldn't

• No why would I? Have you ever heard of survival of the fittest?

• Thanks for sharing your valuable opinion on my question. I believe that the individuals that survive are not always the strongest, fastest, or smartest. As each individual has different choice of dating we can not generalize. As per my knowledge it is based on the Darwinian evolutionary theory and Specer.

• Yes I believe if you slow you will not survive. If you aren't smart you won't survive. Why would anyone choose to breed with a weak humann someone sick or with bad genes. No women in her right mind would. Unless she has no options.

• Yeah. The people who are slow can survive. Lethargic people face hardships in existence. It is possible to survive even the person is dull or dumb just they has to face few problems. Few women choose to breed with people who are having problems because they fall in love with the person having bad genes though she has options.

• Yes no one is perfect i have depression so i hope he will except me too 😎☺

• I find that really hard to answer without knowing the person.

• I have bipolar disorder, ednos, and GAD. Id date a boy or girl with a mental illness, I've already have actually. Even if i wasn't neurodivergent, id still date someone with a mental illness.

• wow you listed kinda everything here! amazing.

my answer was no.
    it was no because I'd do it only cos i feel sry for them. and i don't find it a good reason. it's like feeling pety.(?)

i would happily help them with their problems tho.

• I would not. It's too much to deal with.

• Sorry no too much 😬😬😬

• I would, I can relate. "Cause I got issues" 😂 But it would probably be a disaster in the end. Lol

• Yeah I would but it would depend on what disorder it was

• No i want peace

• Epilepsy isn't a mental disorder.

• Epilepsy is a disorder in which nerve cell activity in the brain is disturbed, causing seizures. It is a. k. a. Seizure Disorder.

• It's a brain disorder. Not one that is diagnosed by a psychologist because of depression or trauma, such as PTSD. Not sure if that helps much.

• Psychologists can offer much-needed support to people with epilepsy by:

Helping them understand and cope with epilepsy as a #neurological disorder and as a condition often associated with real or perceived stigma
      Treating people with nonepilepsy seizures with behavioral strategies.

Guiding patients and their families in learning to live more positively with epilepsy

Helping to treat patients' mood disorders and problems with self-esteem and independence

Giving patients an outlet in which to discuss the stresses and influences of epilepsy, its treatment, and its consequences.

Neurological disorders included epilepsy, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, and types of dementia including Alzheimer's disease. Psychiatric disorders included things like depression, schizophrenia, PTSD, ADHD, and yes, autism.

• Anxiety/depression here, so can work with some mental health concerns

• Don't we all have mental issues tho

• Yes.

• More from Girls
    7