Do you believe cheating is okay if you're not married?

If you're just dating someone and breaking up with them is as simple as saying "we're over", is it okay to have sex with the opposite (or same depending on which way you roll the dice) sex?

239

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't believe in fucking until it is officially over. I don't need to be married to be loyal, if I agree to be monogamous to you that in of itself is a vow - unless your word means nothing and you have no code of honor. In that case, I wouldn't date that person anyway.

Most Helpful Guy

• No, that's morally wrong and a breach of trust.
    The emotional and physical commitment to your SO whether you are married or not is what makes it special and a relationship.
    However, perhaps you are describing an earlier, less defined stage where you are not expected to be faithful?

• I guess man... I'm young. I lost my virginity to my most recent ex girlfriend. Meaning I've only had sex with two women. I've been dating my current girlfriend for 3 years. My curiosity is insane as of right now. Maybe I'm too young for a relationship

• You are young so I understand your question a little better.
      I would always submit that you need to be honest with those around you.
      How would your girlfriend feel if she found out you had been sleeping around? How would you feel if she had? Would it not be better to either have a relaxed, open relationship or just break it off?

What Girls Said 22

• If you are not single and do not have permission from the other person (s) in your relationship, then it is cheating.

• And cheating is not okay. If something is okay, we dont call it cheating.

• Personally I really have no respect for cheaters in relationships. If you have needs that aren't being met, talk to your partner. If you can find a compromise or solution to meet that need the relationship isn't working and should be terminated.

A person's partner is often willing to make many changes or allowances if heathy communication exists.

I define cheating as any connection that I wouldn't want to, or would feel uncomfortable telling my partner about. It could also be anything I think my partner wouldn't want to see me doing. I wouldn't want to tell him I sent nudes to someone, snuggled someone else or used another man for emotional validation so they constitute cheating in my relationship.
    Of course these guidelines apply to healthy relationships and not abusive or control ones.

• Sounds logical

• You would be weak because you CAN NOT control your " primitive" urges.
      You are a coward became you don't have the guts to leave your girlfriend and you hide behind absolute GARBAGE answers.
      I mean if a gir cheats on you and she gave you that rubbish , what would you think?

• *high five naraku* for saying almost exactly the same thing as me.

"Real men" can take responsibility and control their actions.

• First off, from your responses you are very clearly and extremely selfish and disgusting person who has no business being in a relationship. Any relationship is a commitment despite marriage. Like someone else said, dating leads to marriage, if you're always cheating how do you ever expect to get married. If you genuinely loved your girlfriend you wouldn't make up bullshit excuses like having a primitive thing you need to answer to. if you do then answer to it WITH your girlfriend not someone else. You're just full of shit dude.

• no cheating is never OK wether your married or not. someone always gets hurt.

• cheating anyway you look at it is wrong. someone is always going to get hurt. be honest with the person. better to hurt with honesty then deception

• No. If you are in a relationship, you have made a commitment. Whether or not you have a ring or signed wedding documents or not, cheating on the person you are in a relationship with is the same as violating his/her trust.

Unless you have an established "open relationship" and you both know, and are comfortable with, the fact that you're not going to be monogamous... but in that case it wouldn't be "cheating."

Bottom line, cheating is wrong. Don't do it.

• Cheating is wrong. If you want someone else, have the decency and courage to break up with the person before you do anything else.

• Nope

• Cheating on your partner is never acceptable!

• haha is this a joke question? of course cheating in a relationship is not ok

• It's never okay. Even if you're "just dating" you never realise how much that will hurt the other person.

• No, what is the point of cheating when you can tell your partner that you just don't want to be in the relationship anymore. Simple. Communication is key.

• cheating is never ok..

• Cheating is NEVER okay when you're in a relationship. Period.

• does a relationship without marriage truly have meaning?

• No, that wasn't a good analogy 😂 People get married, usually, because they fall in love. If you're cheating and having sex with people other than your boyfriend/girlfriend, odds are you aren't ever going to get married in the first place.

• A piece of paper doesn't change the meaning or dynamic of a relationship. Two people can commit to each other without it.

There are places in the world where just vocally saying "he is my husband" and "she is my wife" with two witnesses present makes them married.

• i dont cordone cheating cos it hurts the other party. why not just find someone who wants the same thing as you and not be in a committed relationship? solve all problems, no?

• I think cheating is unacceptable and terrible and it shows how real somebody is when they're able to jus move on from one person to the next so quick. like chill take some time.

• Definitely if your single.

• what do you mean by this?

• If you are not married and you've broken up with your friend I'd say yes have the sex.

• If you aren't in a relationship then you aren't cheating...

If you are single flirting or having sex with someone who is also single isn't cheating, how could it be?

• Well, I think cheating is NOT OK.
    BUT. Even though in a relationship right now, I'm so sexually frustrated that I would say "Yes, it is"

• Cheating is never okay

• No. If you both agree to be in a relationship but still cheat behind the other's back, it's wrong.

• So much Nope.👎🏻 Please don't.🚫

• Not really. Feelings are still involved. And you still made a commitment regardless of a peice of paper

What Guys Said 8

• If you are having sex alternately with multiple partners you have to tell them all so they can make an informed decision about whether to continue having sex with you.

• Even the way you word your question shows that it's still cheating. So no, it's not okay.

• What...
    Spare your partners feelings.
    Don't do that.

• Cheating is never okay

• No , if you're single you are not cheating.

Otherwise you are cheating if someone else is involved. Makes you ( be it the asker or ANYONE else ) a weak , pathetic , coward and a prick in my book.

• At the end of the day , I don't know you so whatever.

Just don't post a question in anon mode in 2 months time bc you got busted have no one and are all butt hurt ! lol

• What difference does it make whether you're married or not? A commited relationship isn't defined by a ring.

• Sex before marriage in general is not okay.

• Nope, i would never cheat on a girlfriend. I believe in sex until after marriage.